Step off the Treadmill of Your Job as a Doctor
For 4 Days of Rest - Recharge - Rejuvenation -
And Build an Authentic Breakthrough
to a Richer, More Balanced Life
and a More Fulfilling Practice
The NEXT Heart of the Healer Physician Retreat is September 10 - 14, 2017 in Seattle, Washington
⇒ 8 Hours of Category I CME credit
⇒ Only 40 seats available
⇒ ACT NOW to learn more and reserve your place in this life changing event
~ You want a break from taking care of everyone else and some time to focus 100% on you – relaxing, recharging your batteries, taking a good look at your practice and your life from a different perspective — and getting crystal clear on what you really want going forward
~ You want to build a more balanced life – so you are not always at the mercy of your career, your practice and your patients
~ You want to stop working so hard - learn how to spend your time in the office actually seeing patients — rather than being constantly hassled by your EMR and the dozens other clerical tasks that end up on your desk
~ You want to take your practice back - to make it yours, rather than be told what you can and cannot do. It is time to stop trying to fit into "the way we do things around here" and build your Ideal Practice.
~ You realize you have been living Einstein’s definition of insanity and want a way out. You know how crazy it feels to …”Do the same things over and over and expect a different result” but have not been able to find a way out on your own
~ You could really use a world class vacation to one of the most beautiful places on earth
~ You are tired of trying to figure this out all by yourself. Tired of feeling like this is a battle between you and the whole world. You would like support to make these changes from an experienced coach and an group of like- minded physicians
- You will step outside your normal life for four days to build a detailed action plan for real and lasting change. Four days of our highest level of personal support, training, action planning and mastermind sessions.
- You will learn proven methods to carve out more quality time for yourself and your family. Tools we have tested - and proven to be effective - in the real lives of hundreds of modern physicians in all specialties.
- You will learn ways to get your work done and get home sooner - without working harder. More field-tested tools to use your team more effectively and become the eye of the storm in your practice day.
- All this will take place in one of the most beautiful settings on earth ... Seattle and the Pacific Northwest in September. Our setting offers you the opportunity for a world class vacation filled with yoga, meditation and many unique experiences. Within walking distance of our hotel is the Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium and Victoria, BC, the Cascade and Olympic Mountains and so much more are only minutes away.
THEN WE GIVE YOU
TWO THINGS NO OTHER RETREAT PROVIDES
1) The Ongoing Support to Actually Make the Changes When You Get Back Home
- You will receive three months free membership in our Physicians On Purpose [POP] private online community. We will host weekly call in coaching sessions and the POP Forum and Message Boards will provide you with the ability to ask questions and get answers and support 24 hours a day.
We are so confident you will make changes as a result of the retreat experience, the friendships you make and our support services, your investment is fully guaranteed. If you feel the Heart of the Healer is not worth every penny of your investment at any time between Day 1 (September 11th) and 90 days later (December 10th) we will refund your entire retreat investment, no questions asked.
... one of my peak experiences ...
"As I reflect on the Heart of the Healer retreat, and find it has been one of my peak experiences. I had been so wrapped up in my situation that I wasn't able to see that other options could ever be available. The retreat helped me to see over the next year that other possibilities for work existed.
The follow-up calls were not only helpful at the time, but also as I sort thru your notes from the conversations, it is clear that I did a lot of emotional and confidence work.
I am so glad that in November I interviewed for and got my Ideal Job, which I start next week."
~ S. J. MD
This is Dike Drummond MD, founder and CEO of TheHappyMD.com.
I am thrilled to invite you to four days of personal transformation in Seattle, Washington this September 10th – 14th, 2017.
~ A small group - only 40 physicians and I will share 3 1/2 days focused 100% on your own personal and professional transformation. You will build a detailed action plan for a richer and more balanced life from this point forward.
~ You will receive my highest level of personal attention AND be surrounded by a group of like-minded physicians - working as a team to help you tackle your most difficult challenges - those things you have been unable to solve on your own.
~ We offer 8 hours of Category 1 CME
~ Then you receive three months of Physicians On Purpose community support from both me and our entire online community to help you implement the changes on your return home.
~ I will share all the tools and techniques I have learned in my own life and shared with hundreds of physicians around the world - tools for creating space and ease in your practice and a fulfilling life outside your practice.
~ These tools are guaranteed to work for you. Everything you learn is "field tested and doctor approved". I have provided over 1800 hours of one-on-one coaching to physicians and trained over 60 organizations in the last two years alone.
~ And we will be doing daily yoga, meditation (all experience levels welcome) and taking in all Seattle and the Pacific Northwest have to offer.
The Heart of the Healer is part of my mission to empower doctors to take control over their lives in these chaotic times … so you can make the difference you dreamed of in your training - WITHOUT sacrificing your family, your life or your sanity.
I'm happy at work AND I'm happy everywhere.
"The 2015 retreat was pivotal for me in so many ways. I'm just watching things come together, dealing with struggles and setbacks in a totally different way, unraveling the deep pain of decades of burnout and self-neglect and knowing I am more than strong enough. I'm watching things happen in my family that I never thought were possible, and feeling tremendous love.
I realize that going back into my specialty on my terms is the next step - to see what happens with renewed (and seemingly unlimited) energy, clear boundaries, and unblocked compassion for colleagues and patients. I'm curious to see where this leads me..."
~ A. B. MD
- You will come to Seattle and stay in the world famous Edgewater Hotel. This is the ultra-hip, waterfront landmark where the Beatles fished out one window and Led Zeppelin threw a couch out another. Our training room sits right on Elliot Bay with a view of the ocean and the Olympic mountains.
- Each day begins with Yoga and sitting and walking meditation
- We will have morning teaching sessions, early afternoon breakout sessions for special topics and the rest of the day is free for you to explore all the riches of the Seattle area ... many of them are within walking distance of our hotel including Pike Place Market and the Flying Fish, the Space Needle, Paul Allens' Experience Music Project (EMP) and so much more.
- You will learn and practice several forms of sitting and walking meditation – including advanced SqueeGee Breath training – and become capable of being the eye of the storm no matter what is going on around you
- You will experience the “Book of Life” process to look back over the chapters in your life so far and design the chapter that begins now … on purpose and in detail
- Using Interactive Guided Imagery, you will meet your Inner Advisor and tap this internal source of your own wisdom to help guide your next steps
- You will learn the top 5 work effectiveness and life balancing tools from my private coaching practice with over stressed doctors. These are the most effective tools I have found and they work in the real world of a busy physician
- You will create a clear vision of your Ideal Practice and Ideal Life and learn how to live more in alignment with your purpose and passions
- You will create a detailed, personal action plan for moving powerfully towards your Ideal Practice and Ideal Life. This is the plan that our follow up coaching sessions will help you walk … step by step
2) The RESILIENCE AND RE-BALANCE TRAINING
3) The SUPPORT (Making it STICK)
Your room rate is over 40% off the best price we can find on Expedia.
“Dike opened my eyes to new ideas, new resources, and challenged me to permit myself to dream about my ideal life and career. He taught me several ways to deal with my current stress by making small steps starting with my reactions to competing priorities and time demands. I see and feel a light at the end of this tunnel. I am extremely grateful.“
~ Michelle R. MD
“Knowing that Dike is a doctor himself, I really felt he understood where I was coming from. I could trust and value his judgment, not to mention how nice it was to feel true empathy and his abounding positive attitude to helping me help myself.”
~ Amy R. MD
“Dike’s compassionate skill lead me to both believe in, and achieve a transition to a life and work that provides meaning and enduring happiness.”
~ J.M. MD
“I had no idea I was in such “good company” as an alienated physician. Dike showed me how to be more mindful, how journaling helps to cut down on my worries and how to STOP doing old things so I could START to make changes.”
~ Tom H. MD
Are You a Good Fit For the Heart of the Healer Experience?
As a physician on the verge of this transformation …
If you feel yourself reflected in these words … and you are feeling the tug of knowing you are on the threshold of making 2016 the year when everything changes … this is the moment to step forward and claim the practice, the life and the fulfillment you really want. It matters that you take action NOW. And the next step couldn’t be easier.
In 2017 you will have the power to change your reality.
You can take yourself out of survival mode and begin to enjoy medicine again. You can plan and create a richer and more fulfilling life. It is possible and you can do it.
The Heart of the Healer experience is a way to step out of your busy life to create a plan, build a team and lock in four months of world class support to keep you on track. I can’t wait to read your application and talk with you personally.
Until we connect – keep breathing and have a great rest of your day.
Dike Drummond MD
You don’t have to be content with the scraps of time and energy that are left over after you are done with your charts. Getting what you really want starts when you raise your standards ... when you stop tolerating anything less than what is ideal for you.
The first step is to push one of the big blue buttons on this page to learn more and start the application process.
About Your Retreat Leader, Dike Drummond MD
Dike Drummond is a Mayo trained family physician, mentor and executive coach with over 1700 hours of one on one physician coaching experience. He empowers over stressed physicians to step out of the programming of their medical education and live lives of more balance, fulfillment and professional satisfaction. Known for blending heart-centered coaching and the latest in mindfulness and personal development science, Dr. Drummond delivers simple, field-tested ways for doctors to save hours of time in the office, reconnect with what they love about medicine and build a fulfilling life outside the office or hospital.
Dr. Drummond is the author of the book, “Stop Physician Burnout: What to Do When Working Harder Isn't Working”, creator of the 1 Minute Mindfulness Program for doctors, the Burnout Prevention Video Training Series, the Burnout Prevention MATRIX Report with over 117 ways doctors and organizations can work together to lower stress and prevent burnout – and CEO of TheHappyMD.com with its community of over 9500 doctors from 63 different countries around the world.
He has also trained and consulted with over 60 healthcare organizations and associations since 2014 including the AAFP Scientific Assembly, ACPE, MDAnderson, Kaiser NorthWest and Southern California, Minnesota Medical Association, Washington State Medical Association, Avera Medical Group and many more.