Dirty Little Secret #3
The Peter Principle
When you took your leadership position you became an absolutely classic example of the Peter Principle.
[unless you learned to lead before you became a doctor ... in sports or the military or some other leadership position - which is quite rare, BTW]
CLICK HERE for the Next Lesson in the Dirty Little Secrets Series
The books mentioned in the video:
First Break all the Rules - Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
Patients Come Second - Paul Spiegelman and Britt Berrett
Tribal Leadership - Dave Logan and John King
The Wikipedia page on the Peter Principle is here
Are you ready for the Quadruple Aim Physician Leadership Retreat?
The Skills and Support to Become an Effective Wellness Champion for Your People.
In three days, we will share everything we have learned working with hundreds of physician leaders at all levels in all sizes of healthcare organizations. These are the essential skills of building a culture of support and engagement -- without burning yourself out in the process.
- 13 hours of CME
- 167 Wellness Champions trained to date
- Registration is limited to a small group and includes 12 weeks of follow up support to keep you on your action plan.
CLICK HERE to Learn More and Lock In Your Seat
- Learn how to prevent your own burnout when you are in a "straddle position" - seeing patients AND being a physician leader
- Build your personal burnout prevention strategy and become a mentor and role model to your people
- Learn how to recognize burnout in your people and reach out to support them effectively
- Learn authentic leadership skills to build a culture of trust and engagement on your teams
- Learn how to lead by asking questions and stop having to do all the work yourself
- Let us show you a simple proactive burnout prevention strategy for your whole organization
- We will also build an ongoing support community of like-minded leaders so you will never feel like you are alone in the trenches again
AND experience true rest, relaxation and rejuvenation for yourself in the only downtown waterfront hotel in Seattle. Take a couple extra days off either side of the retreat and you can build a world-class vacation in a jiffy.
CLICK HERE to learn more and lock in your seat
That's all for now.
If you have any questions, suggestions or would like personal support ...
- Click Here to contact me directly
- OR email us at email@example.com
- OR call us at 360-262-4971
Keep breathing and have a great rest of your day,
Dike Drummond MD